Assam Higher Secondary TET 2020: Secondary Education Department of Assam has released the official notification of regarding the Assam Higher Secondary (HS) TET 2020 to the recruitment of Post Graduate Teacher (PGT) against the vacant posts in provincialized Higher Secondary Schools of Assam. All Interested and eligible candidates are able to apply online for HS TET Assam 2020-2021 at ssa.assam.gov.in starting from 20th December 2020.
Assam Higher Secondary TET 2020 Details
|Name of exam
|Assam Higher Secondary Teachers’ Eligibility Test 2020
|Secondary Education Department, Assam
|Date of exam
|10th Jan 2020 (Tentatively)
Assam H S TET Eligibility Criteria
Educational Qualification: Post Graduation with at least 50 % marks (or its equivalent) from recognized University and Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) from National Council for Teachers Education recognized institution, but degrees obtained from off campus and distance education institutions shall not be considered as valid. (If the Territorial Jurisdiction of the institution is beyond their approved jurisdiction then the Institution and the subject in which the degree is awarded must have approval of UGC and all other concerned authorities)
Resident ship: Candidate must be a citizen of India and permanent resident of Assam
Age Limit: Age of the candidate must not be less than 21 years of age. At the time of appointment in Govt./Prov. Schools upper and lower age limit will be applicable as per the Govt. rules/act prevailing at that time.
a) General candidates: Rs 500/- (Rs. Five hundred) .
b) SC/ST/OBC/MOBC and PWD candidates: Rs. 300/- (Three hundred) .
c) Payment mode: Fee need to be paid in online mode only.
Assam Higher Secondary TET 2020 Zones
Note: Applicant has to select one of the zone for appearing in the examination. In case of higher number of applicants, the zones may be increased, if required.
Structure & Syllabus of Assam Higher Secondary TET
The examination shall be for 200 marks with two papers (Paper-I & Paper-II) of 200 multiple choice Questions (MCQs), each one of them carrying equal marks.
1. Paper I (Common to all candidates)
2. Paper II: Option A – Commerce, Option B – Science, Option C – General Studies and Current Affairs
– Candidate has to choose their option for paper II , Social Category etc. with utmost care. Change of option and caste (Social Category) once selected will not be allowed to change in subsequent stage at any cost whatsoever.
– Question paper will be available in English, Assamese, Bengali and Bodo language.
Assam HS TET 2020 Qualifying Marks
To qualify in TET Examination the candidate must score at least 60% marks in each paper. However, 5% relaxation in marks will be given for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/MOBC/PH candidates. The candidate whose degree of physical disability is more than 40% is only eligible to apply, under the PH category.
Validity of Assam Higher Secondary TET Certificate
All candidates who pass the TET will be awarded a certificate. The validity of the certificate shall be for a maximum period of 7(Seven) years from the date of issue of the certificate by the Empowered Committee, Government of Assam subject to the condition that the candidate otherwise fulfills the eligibility criteria prescribed as per Govt. of Assam Service rule for recruitment as Post Graduate Teacher.
Important Points of Assam Higher Secondary TET Exam
– As per the aforesaid Service Rules, in addition to such academic and professional qualification mentioned in the Schedule for direct recruitment to the post, all candidates shall have to appear and pass in the Teachers Eligibility Test (TET) conducted by the Government scoring minimum 60% marks in case of General category candidates and minimum of 55% marks in case of SC/ST/OBC/MOBC/PH candidates.
– B.Ed degree received from off Campus Centres or unrecognized institutions/universities shall not be accepted.
– Degree means Master Degree no equivalence shall be allowed.
– Blind candidates will be allowed to sit in the examination for an additional 50 minutes than the normal candidates, a separate room/hall may be provided for them along with his scribe. Scribe need to be certified by the District Social Welfare Officer. It must be ensured that Scribe carries the certificate to the examination hall/room.
– The age limit of the candidates will be calculated on the basis of the School Leaving Certificate /HSLC Admit Card/ Certificate issued by a recognized Board/Council and no other document shall be accepted in lieu of the mentioned documents.
How to apply for Assam Higher Secondary TET 2020
Eligible applications interested to appear in Assam Secondary TET must apply in online mode only at the official website of http://ssa.assam.gov.in from 20.11.2020 to 30.11.2020. Follow the below mentioned steps to apply for Assam HS TET 2020.
- Scroll down, go to Important Web Links section.
- Click on the Online Application Link.
- A new web page will be displayed.
- Enter your personal and educational details.
- Pay the necessary application fee.
- Finally, submit your application
Opening of Online Application Form: 20/11/2020
Last date of Submission of online Application form: 30/11/2020
Last date of fees Payment: 3/12/2020
Date of examination: 10/1/2021
Assam HS TET 2020 Notification: Click Here .
Online Application: Click Here . [From 20/11/2020]
Official Website: https://ssa.assam.gov.in .