Dibrugarh University BTech Admission 2020: Admission Notice of the AICTE approved Four Year B. Tech Programmes Academic Session 2020-2021.
Online applications are invited from the intending eligible candidates (of both Fresh and Lateral Entry Candidates) for admission to the following Four Year B.Tech Programmes offered by the Dibrugarh University Institute of Engineering and Technology (MET) for the Academic Session 2020-2021:
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering and
- Petroleum Engineering
For details of Eligibility Criteria, Application Procedure, Selection and ,Admission Procedure, Reservation Policy, etc., please visit the detailed Admission Notice of the Four Year B.Tech. Programmes Academic Session 2020-2021 available in the website www.dibru.ac.in.
Eligibility Criteria for candidates seeking admission to the First Semester B. Tech. Programmes shall have to fulfill the following norms:
1.Candidate should have passed 12th class examination in the 10+2 system in individual subjects from a recognized Central or State Board or its equivalent with an aggregate of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics for the General and OBC/MOBC categories and 45% marks for the SC & ST categories.
2.Must have CEE Assam-2020 (Engineering) or JEE-2020 (Mains) score.
3.The candidate must be a citizen of India with a permanent resident certificate of Assam [Not applicable for candidates of JEE-2019 (Mains)].
4.Candidates from abroad shall have to fulfill the requisite conditions prescribed by the Govt. of India
5.The candidate must not be above 21 years or below 17 years of age on 1st August, 2020.
6.There shall be a relaxation of 03 (three) years in the upper age limit for SC/ST candidates. However,the maximum age limit for B.Sc. passed students is 22 years.
7.The Candidate must possess a good moral character.
8.The Candidate must be physically and mentally fit.
Eligibility Criteria for candidates seeking admission to the Third Semester, B. Tech. Programmes through I.Diploma passed candidates, OR/ II.B.Sc. with Physics and Mathematics Shall have to fulfill the following norms:
- Must have passed the Diploma examination of the State Council of Assam or any other equivalent examination / OR must have passed B.Sc. Examination with Physics and Mathematics from Dibrugarh page 18 University or any other recognized University.
- Must have secured at least 50% marks (with 5% relaxation for SC/ST categories) in aggregate in the branch of diploma examination or B.Sc. However, such candidates must appear in a State Level Entrance Test conducted by the Dibrugarh University or a body recognized by the University. Admission will be on the basis of the Admission Test. The Admission Test will have the following two components containing Mathematics and logical aptitude.
- The candidates must be physically fit and possess a good moral character. 4. The student will have to produce the Citizenship Certificate at the time of admission. Students from abroad shall have to fulfill the requisite conditions as prescribed by the Govt. of India.