Q. Different fabrics are made from different kinds of fibres. Each fibre has its own properties, therefore, need special care and maintenance.
When your father took out his cotton kurta from the storage box, he found some small holes in it.
(a) What could be the two possible reasons for the damage?
(b) Give any three tips to your father for storing cottons.
Ans: (a) Two possible reasons for the damage –
1. Might have moisture in it
2. Might be starched
3. Storage container might be dirty
4. Kurta might be dirty.
5. There must be dampness in the storage space
(b) Three tips for storing cottons –
1. Should be de-starched before storing.
2. Should be stored away from dampness.
3. Should be properly dried before storing.
4. Storage place/cupboard should be clean.
Q. Prepare a checklist of do’s and don’ts (any three for each) to be followed while maintaining hygiene in the kitchen.
Ans: Three do’s to be followed while maintaining hygiene in the kitchen –
1. Work surfaces, floors and walls should be non-absorbent, washable and without cracks.
2. Surfaces should be kept free of any infection growing in corners.
3. Walls and ceilings must be free from flaking.
4. Keep the drains clean and disinfected.
Three don’ts to be followed while maintaining hygiene in the kitchen –
1. No food particle should be left on the surface to rot.
2. Open drains should not be there.
3. Dustbins should not be overflowing.