1. Why did French colonizers consider education as important way to civilize the Vietnamese?
i. it was the mission of the advanced European countries
ii. to bring the benefits of civilization to backward people
iii. Symbol of development
2. Why did French artist, Frederic Sorrieu prepare a series of print based on democratic and socialist republics in 1848?
Ans: Offering homage to the statue of Liberty
3. Name the mineral which is used to harden steel during manufacturing?
4. By what means does hand spun khadi provide large scale employment to weavers?
Ans: It provides large scale employment to weavers as it is a cottage industry, can be set up at home.
5. Handling of exports and imports on a large scale is done conveniently from the Kandla port. Why?
Ans: Kandla is a tidal port, hence large ship can enter and leave the port easily.
6. What do you mean by the term ‘collateral’?
Ans: It is an asset that the borrower owns and uses this guarantee to a lender until the loan is repaid.
7. Which is the most common route for investment by MNCs in countries around the world?
Ans: To buy up local companies and then to expand production.
8. Reema bought a pack of brown bread later she realized that it was expired. Which right does she have to counter this problem?
Ans: Right to Seek Redressal
9. Which act of Indian democracy empowers the people and work as watchdog?
Ans: Right To Information