Q. “A good store layout serves many purposes”. List out any four purposes served by a good store layout.
Ans: A good store layout serves many purposes as:
1. Store Atmosphere: The physical characteristics and surrounding influence of a retail store creates an image in order to attract customers.
2. Enhance Sales: The store layout should enable the customers to move around the store conveniently. This is done by preparing a circulation plan.
3. Maximize Returns per Square Foot: A well planned layout enhances the utilization of customer’s time and best of the shopping experience.
4. Match the merchandise with the format: retail stores are designed to target the specific kind’s of customers.
5. Assistance for differently abled women, children and safety of customers. The layout for the store should provide convenience for variety of shopper’s visiting it.