USTM Admission 2020: University of Science and Technology Meghalaya invites applications from eligible candidates to offer admission to UG, PG and PhD program for the academic year 2020-21
Interested candidates can apply online or offline as per schedule. Read further for complete details on USTM Admission 2020 from the page given below.
USTM Programs Offered:
Under Graduate Programs
- BSc in Biotechnology, Microbiology, Food Science & Technology, Botany, Zoology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics
- BBA in Sociology, Psychology, English, Economics, Political Science & (Administration & Governance)
- Com (H), BBA, BCA, BSW
- LLB, BA LLB
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT) & BPT (Lateral Entry)
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm) & B.Pharm (Lateral Entry)
- MSc in Biotechnology, Microbiology, Botany, Zoology, Chemistry, Physics, Environmental Science, Mathematics, Electronics
- MA in Geography, Sociology, Education, Rural Development, English, Political Science, Economics
- MLISc(Library & Information Science) & MSW
- MCom, MBA
- MCA & MCA(Lateral)
- Diploma Programs
- Diploma in Pharmacy (D.Pharm) & Diploma in Skill Development ( DSD)
RULES FOR USTM ADMISSION TO VARIOUS PROGRAMME FOR SESSION 2020-21:
How to obtain Application Forms
- Candidates seeking admission to any Diploma, UG , PG and Ph.D. programme at University of Science & Technology, Meghalaya during the academic session 2020-2021 may obtain the prescribed Application Form along with the Prospectus from the University Counter at USTM, Meghalaya; Techno City, USTM, Kling Road, Baridua, 9th Mile, Meghalaya on cash payment of Rs 700/-( Rs 1000/- for MBA).
- The application form may also be downloaded from the USTM’s website www.ustm.ac.in and submitted along with the prescribed fee as mentioned above. In such a case the prospectus can be collected during the submission of the form.
- The Application Form and Prospectus may also be obtained through post by sending crossed Demand Draft of an amount of Rs. 775/- for PG and UG Programme (Rs 1075/ for MBA and Rs 1575/ for Ph.D.) drawn in favour of “University of Science & Technology, Meghalaya” payable at Guwahati along with a self addressed envelope of 30×25 c.m. size affixing postage stamps worth Rs.150/- clearly indicating the name of the course for which the Application Form is required. The request for sending a set of Application Form and prospectus should be addressed to the Registrar, University of Science & Technology, Techno City, Killing Road, Baridua, Meghalaya, 793 101. Payment of fee by Cheque/ IPO/ MO shall not be accepted.
USTM Admission Selection Procedure
For Diploma, UG and PG programmes : Admission will be based on Merit (percentage secured in last qualifying examination) and Personal Interview.
For MBA Programme : Admission will be based on written test (USTM-CAT) followed by personal interview (PI) and Group discussion (GD). Candidates having valid score card of CAT/MAT/XMAT etc will be exempted from USTM-CAT and such candidate may directly appear for PI and GD. The final merit list for admission in MBA will be prepared considering percentage of marks in the qualifying examination, score of USTM-CAT/MAT/CAT/XMAT and marks obtain in PI and GD.
For B.Ed, B.Pharm, D.Pharm, BPT, BA LLB, Programme : Admission will be based on the entrance test followed by personal interview (PI).
For Ph.D. Programme : Admission will be based on Written Test followed by Personal Interview/ Presentation.
RULES RELATING TO ADMISSION:
- List of selected candidates shall be displayed on the Notice Board of the School/ Department/ Centre concerned as well as at USTM’s website. No intimation to the selected candidates will be sent by post. The candidates shall be required to get their admission completed by the date given in the schedule.
- Admission will be allowed only after due verification of all original documents by the verifying officer of the university.
- All the candidates are required to submit Transfer Certificate / Migration Certificate in original within 60 days from the date of admission, failing which the admission of the student is liable to be cancelled.
- The candidate shall take admission on payment of prescribed admission fee as given in the Fee Structure in the accounts section of the university.
- If a candidate fails to complete the admission formalities by the prescribed date, he / she will automatically forfeit his/her right of admission.
- Admission of a candidate may be cancelled at any time, if any information furnished by the candidate at the time of admission is found to be incorrect or that the candidate has been wrongly admitted due to any reason.
- No candidate will be allowed to take up a job while pursuing a full time programme. Those who are employed at the time of admission, will be required to produce a certificate of leave / NOC from their employer within one month from the date of admission failing which their admission will be cancelled.
- Candidate studying a regular full time programme in USTM will not be allowed to take any other full time programme simultaneously either from USTM or any other university / Institution . However student may take Career Oriented Programmes of UGC, MOOCs programme and Add On programme of USTM.
- The University of Science & Technology, Meghalaya recognizes the degrees of all central universities, state universities, institutions of national importance and reputed foreign universities, provided their equivalence has been established by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU). Besides, the university also recognizes certain qualifications in form of degrees awarded in Distance Mode approved by MHRD/UGC/ DEB-AICTE
GENERAL RULES REGARDING FEES AND ACCOUNTS:
(i) Fees shall be accepted by the accounts section of the USTM in cash/DD/credit card/debit card.
(ii) All fees are payable in lump sum at the time of admission. Course-wise Fees is shown in the prospectus.
(iii) Part payment is not allowed except in those programme, which have notified this facility in the prospectus.
(iv) Fee can be paid without Late Fee: Within 15 days from the date of commencement of the academic session or by the prescribed date, whichever is earlier.
(v) (With a Late Fee of Rs.500/) Within 10 days from the last date given on the programme Schedule
(vi) (With a Late Fee of Rs. 1000/) Within one month from the last date given on the payment Schedule.
(vii) If the fee is not deposited within the time limit fixed at clause (v) and (vi) his / her name will be struck off from the rolls but he / she may only be readmitted after getting permission from the Vice-Chancellor with an additional late fee of Rs. 2500/-.
(viii) Additional fee for activities like educational tour / excursion/project work/field visit/camps etc. are to be borne by the students.
(ix The fee given in the website is only for the students admitted in the academic session 2019-20.
(xi) If the last date for payment of fees falls on holiday, the fees shall be paid on the next working day without fine.
(xii) Fee deposited through prescribed fee slip within due date (given on fee-slip) shall be accepted for the purpose of admission. No correspondence shall be entertained for refund/adjustment etc., if payment was not made on proper fee slip issued by the authorized office and / or within due date.
Important Web Links: