1. According to the ‘World Air Quality Report 2019’ how many cities in India are included among the 30 most polluted cities in the world?
Ans: (a) 21
The 2018 report included 22 cities in India among the top 30 polluted cities.
According to the latest figures mean 21 cities in the top 30 polluted cities in 2019 are from India.
If we talk about the top 10 polluted cities in the world, then there are 6 cities in India.
90 percent of the world’s population breathes highly polluted air.
2. According to ‘World Air Quality Report 2019’ which is the most polluted city in the world?
Ans: (d) Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad had an average PM 2.5 (μg / m³) – 110.2 in 2019, the worst worldwide. After this, there are cities of China and Pakistan in the next three places, but as the list progresses, the number of cities in India also increases in it.
City and PM 2.5 (μg / m³) level
- Ghaziabad, India: 110.22.
- Hotan, China: 110.13.
- Gujranwala, Pakistan: 105.34.
- Faisalabad, Pakistan: 104.65.
- Delhi, India: 98.66.
- Noida, India: 97.77.
- Gurgaon, India: 93.18.
- Ravindi, Pakistan: 92.29.
- Greater Noida, India: 91.310.
- Bandhwari, India: 90.5