1. Fill in the blanks with the right determiners:-
(a) A busy person has ——- time to waste: (little /a little / the little)
(b) The story is ——- interesting. (much /more /very)
(c) This is ——– room I work in. (a/an/the)
(d) Reading is —— useful hobby. (a / an / the)
2. Fill in the blanks with the correct preposition from among the choices given in the brackets:-
(a) Shoes are made —— leather. (of/from /with)
(b) A greedy man hankers ——- money. (after /for /in)
(c) Man does not live ——- brad alone. (on /for / by)
(d) I met him —— the street. (in/at/on)
3. Rewrite the following sentences putting the verbs given in the brackets in their correct tense form:-
(a) He —— the station before the train departed. (reach)
(b) We should never ——- a lie. (tell)
(c) The boy (sleep), don’t disturb him.
4. Change the narration of the following:-
(a) He said to me, “When did you buy this book?”
(b) Ravi thanked me for my help.
5. Change the voice of the following:-
(a) Some boys broke the window panes.
(b) By whom can this be done?
6. Combine each of the following pairs of sentences into a single’ sentence:-
(a) The businessman is a miser. He has donated generously today.
(b) This is my friend. He helped me a lot.
7. Choose the correct alternative from the bracket:-
(a) It is not proper to ——- through an open window. (see/ look)
(b) His handwriting is ——– (eligible / legible)
8. Make sentences to illustrate the meaning of any two of the following:-
no sooner, on account of, send for,all in all.
1 thought on “SEBA HSLC English Grammar for Class 10 Assam Board Exam 2020 ”